So I broke down and got my brakes done by the local Chrysler dealer. While I was waiting, I decided to go be "shopportunistic" as they call it, at Marshall's which is right down the street. I guess I figured if I were going to pay full price for brakes, I should try and find some clothes at rock-bottom prices. I manage to find a fairly priced "name brand" shirt that I wanted to try on.
I go to the fitting rooms carrying two long-sleeve Under Armour shirts, and this one button down shirt.
THEM: You can try those on, but you can't try that on (points to buttondown shirt).
ME: Um, I don't want to try these on (UA), I know they fit. I want to try this button down shirt on before I buy it, I might want a different size.
THEM: Well, see, this have the tag. I cannot take off the tag, so you can't open it.
I should probably have mentioned that it was not on a hanger, but all folded and pinned up in a plastic bag with all sorts of collar support, etc.
ME: So why would I buy it then if I can't try it on?
THEM: Oh is ok - you can return. No problem. Try on at home and return. Is ok.
I don't really know how to type with an accent, but if you can't tell, English was not the first language.
ME: So I can buy it, take it home, try it on, and then return it?
THEM: Yes, is ok, no prolem, you return.
Right about now is when I start to lose my shit.
ME: Wait a minute. It's ok to buy it, open it, put it on, and then bring it back if it doesn't fit? But I can't just try it on here? Really?
THEM: Yes yes. See? It have the tag. I cannot remove the tag (referencing security/anti-theft/indestructible plastic tag attached to the shirt through the bag).
ME: Ok, so if I want to I can go buy it, and then just come back here and try it on?
THEM: Yes. You need to buy to take off the tag.
ME: Does that really make sense to you?
Trust me, I don't know why I bother reasoning, but I can't help it.
THEM: .....
ME: Ok, how about I go over to the counter and just ask her to remove the tag so I can try it on?
THEM: Ah...yes, you can go ask. She maybe remove the tag.
So in closing, I must not have looked threatening enough to attempt to steal the shirt, and I got the tag removed and got to try it on. But really, if I weren't such an asshole, do they just expect me to buy it, GO HOME to try it on, and then return it if it doesn't fit? C'mon, admit you're wrong Marshall's!
PS - it fit, and I bought it in case you were wondering.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment